I Am Moving

Please take the time to visit and bookmark my new personal site, EvanSamuels.wordpress.com, where you can find all of these transcriptions and more as I will be phasing this page out over time. Thanks.


Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ask Me Now - Jonathan Kreisberg





Jonathan Kreisberg's version of the Thelonious Monk tune "Ask Me Now," is off his 2005 album New for Now. For anyone not familiar with Kreisberg, I suggest you check him out. A very talented younger guitar player. Anyway, he takes the first A of the head with a nicely arranged traditional chord melody solo. He takes a one chorus solo that has some great examples of both chromatic playing and large intervalic ideas. Hopefully, I'll get some analysis on the juicier licks up there soon.

1 comment:

willshakeyou said...

Thank you for the awesome information in this blog man! I am a guitarist in my first year of music college in Portugal and I find we have really simmilar tastes and that you've transcribed a lot of things I was planning on transcribing myself =) I don't supose you have something related to a Rythm changes you can post.. no? lol once again, thanks A LOT =D